The Anti Human Trafficking Working Group (AHTWG) is a working group of The Justice Commission of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet and Consociates, St.Paul Province. Our mission is to provide opportunities for education and public awareness, and to support legislation that incorporates anti human trafficking and protection measures for victims of sexual trafficking. We also endeavor to provide for some unmet needs of local survivors of sex trafficking.
Pray for victims, survivors and perpetrators.
Create systemic change through public policy and legislation.
- Support continued funding for the Safe Harbors Law by contacting legislators, attending hearings and press conferences.
- Support state and federal legislative initiatives that fight human trafficking.
with service providers the funding of programs to rescue and restore
the rights of victims of trafficking over 17, who are not included in
the No WrongDoor policies under the Safe Harbors laws.
- Work with the Hospitality Industry to prevent trafficking on their premises.
- Continue collaboration with the Minnesota State Task Force Against Trafficking.
- Work with anti-trafficking groups to help them organize for systemic change.
- Provide Education to raise awareness of sex trafficking and the knowledge of ways to bring about systemic change.
- Provide Prevention Education for Working Group members.
- Provide Prevention Education and Strategies for High School Students and Faculty.
- Provide Follow-up Education on Pornography presented at the Lumen Christie event.
- Share knowledge of Trafficking with church groups and connect them with
- Professionals who serve victims directly.
Take direct action to support victims and survivors.
- Collect Hygiene Articles, Bus Passes, Scarves
Victims and Survivors at Breaking Free with immediate needs, such as
rides, childcare.etc. Volunteer certificate required to work with
- Contact agencies serving victims and
survivors of trafficking to identify their present needs and post that
information on our web pages to elicit help from AHTWG.
- Respond to the emerging needs of trafficking victims and survivors.
Breaking Free and other agencies dealing directly with victims and
survivors by becoming certified to offer direct service to vulnerable